Do you struggle to stay motivated on your healthy journey, are you already bored of what you are eating, you simply want a pizza on a Saturday Night? We are now only into the second month of the year so if you are already struggling with motivation let me share some tips with you on how to stay focused.
Changing habits for the better are never easy and research now confirms that it can actually take up to three months for a habit to become an every day occurrence without giving it any thought. With that in mind we need to keep on doing what we are doing if we are to get healthy so here are my top 5 tips on staying motivated.
- Have an event/holiday planned – the reason for this is it will give you a specific time frame of when you need to achieve your goal.
- Switch things around – if you are getting bored of what you eat; try a new recipe, a new food. If exercise isn’t your thing, try something that is fun; pole dancing, Glo Aerobics.
- You need to see results fast – if you are seeing fast results, then you will stick with it. How do you get these quick results, simply increase the exercise and reduce the quantity of food you are eating. No snacks and No alcohol for a week will give you fast results.
- Write it down – having a journal on this journey is a lifesaver. When you are not feeling great about yourself, be honest and write it down and then refer to it when you consider opening the biscuits. It will help you understand why you are getting healthy, you don’t want to feel miserable. On the other hand when you are having a great day, fitting into new clothes, getting compliments, write that down also and you can refer back to it if you start to lose momentum.
- Get a buddy to do it with you – having an accountability buddy can help spur you on whether this is your partner or a friend. You can share tips, recipes, success stories and give each other a kick up the bum when you need it.
I hope you have found these five tips on staying motivated useful, I would love to hear back from you and if you would like my free Cheat Sheet on how to increase more exercise into your daily routine, comment below or reach out to me on FaceBook @shazsbeautysecrets.
As always feel free to share and I’ll see you next week