Have you ever had a time, a day, where you just want to quit. Quit life, quit being a mum, quit the diet, quit the job as it all gets too much and you’ve simply had enough. Yes? Well that’s me most days, luckily though it’s only for about five short minutes but yes the feeling of throwing my teddy out of the cot arises more often than not and more so as I’ve gotten older.
Why? Probably because as a mum you feel you have to be in charge of everything; the house, the family life, the bills, the shopping, the extra curricular activities your kids attend and the list goes on. So now we get the gist of quitting life, what should you do to help you avoid quitting as that is the only thing that is actually important, to not quit.
Here are my 5 Top Tips to stop and help you;
1. Give yourself permission to feel these quitting emotions even if it’s for 5 seconds, acknowledge them then throw them out like the bad rubbish they are as we don’t need any negativity.
2. Give yourself a talking too, remember why you are doing these things, if it’s the weight loss, reason with your conscience how much you will feel better when you’ve lost weight. If it’s the kids, remember why you love them.
3. Give yourself some time out as sometimes that’s all we need, a cup of tea, a half hour in the bath or all day if you can. Grab a book and go back to bed.
4. Give yourself some leeway and delegate some of your chores, could the older children help around the house more, could you learn to shop online, could you buddy up with a friend whose child does the same activities to take turns for lifts?
5. Give yourself something to look forward to, a date night, a spa weekend, a holiday and hopefully by concentrating on that, this will make the suffering of today worthwhile.
I hope this has helped and if you can relate to any of it, please do reach out, it’s always great to connect to like-minded people, you can find me here (linktr.ee/shaz_crowley) or leave a comment below. Feel free to share and I look forward to sharing more of my ‘Life in the 40’s’ with you very soon.