Stress, typically these days is part of most people’s life, especially mine. Being a busy mum, kids can send you roaring from 0-60 in seconds and with busier lifestyles than ever before, it is difficult to not feel that tension in your neck begin.
How do you deal with stress, do you have any tips or do you simply lose it or in my case reach for the wine. Whilst I understand as I get older both of these are not long term solutions and therefore I decided to do a little research to deal with stress a little healthier for all the family.
Thus let’s look at the top 7 best ways to deal with it and I would love to hear how you deal with stress, or which one of the 7 is your favourite.
- Chew gum; chewing gum is recommended to help lower the level of cortisol a known stress hormone.
- Colouring; the chance of doing something that doesn’t require a lot of attention or focus like doodling or colouring can bring a sense of calm.
- Change of scenery; if you find yourself in a stressful situation, try and go into another room or step outside as if you are closing the door on the situation and therefore reducing the stress.
- Focus on action; sometimes stress is caused by a factor that you can no longer do anything about; an illness, an accident. In this instance take action and on something you can do like considering tidy a drawer.
- Sing; belt out a tune, stick some music on and sing
- Concentrate on your breathing; the old saying of ‘count to ten’ certainly rings true here. Deep breaths will always reduce the stress and then consider adding in some meditation for extra relaxation.
- Pamper Time; spend 10 minutes a day minimum on yourself. Time to yourself is paramount, a book or a bath to help enjoy your time alone and ideal for assistance in thinking clearer.
I hope this has provided some value and do feel free to share. My go to as previously mentioned was alcohol and it certainly doesn’t help in the long run so I too will be putting some of these top tips into practice. Reach out if you use a better trick as I always enjoy connecting with my readers or connect with me here linktr.ee/shaz_crowley
Have a great week and I’ll see you next Monday.