Hey I’m back blogging after the fun of the six weeks holidays.
So the struggle is real, what am I talking about? I’m talking about getting healthy and I prefer to say that than losing weight as I think getting healthy can incorporate not just a healthy BMI but also a healthy attitude to exercise, to eating better and to basically fuel your body for a longer life.
So why is the struggle real? Quite simply it shouldn’t be as whatever reason comes out of your mouth is an excuse and it has taken me a long time to realise this. Excuses are like bumholes as my husband says, everyone has one. I know because I have used them all;
The kids drive me to it
It’s been a rough day
It’s the weekend
I’m on holiday
I can’t be arsed
I’m too tired
Which is your favourite?
Most people live a life that is socialable and where you will often be tempted with treats and alcohol but incorporating small changes over time will lead you eventually to success and yes it might take a little longer but doing the yo-yo affect only leads to disappointment. Trust me I’m an expert on this. Jumping in with two feet and cutting everything out can get boring and can leave you feeling tired with zero energy and then generally results in a chocolate bar or two slipping into your mouth.
So here are my top 5 top tips on how to incorporate small changes into your everyday life to help you on a healthier journey
1. Move more; get up and about every hour – a quick run up and down the stairs
2. Drink more water; a minimum 2 litres, simply carry a water bottle around and make sure it’s finished before going to bed
3. Eat more fruit and vegetable; ensure the 3 meals you have includes some fruit or veg including breakfast
4. Cook more; try new recipes that include different herbs and experiment as that keeps things interesting and exciting
5. Sleep more; there has been much research about the effects of lack of sleep and tiredness with the association with more snacking and eating junk food.
There you go, I hope this has been of some use would love to know if you too are trying to be healthier this year, connect with me (linktr.ee/shaz_crowley) and if this will help any of your friends feel free to share
See you next week,