How many excuses do you tell yourself every day?
How many excuses do you let your children get away with?
If you want it, you need to work for it and that means working to achieve your goal when the tough gets going; when you’re sick, when you’re tired and simply when you don’t want to.
Consistency + Action = Results
You have to understand why you want a certain goal and visualise how you will feel when you reach it. Write your goal down and look at it every day.. Journal about it, do you feel better when you’re a step closer, write down times when you don’t want to take action and see if there are any coincidences.
If the goal isn’t that important to you, then that’s fine also. A common goal is most women want to lose weight, but deep down many (including myself I might add) are just not willing to take the appropriate action to get the results they need. In this instance; smaller steps, smaller habits and some progress is better than none.
However if the goal is extremely important keep reminding yourself why you started working towards your goal and stop giving yourself the excuses not to take action on a daily basis.
I would love to hear if this has helped you get back on track with your goals.
Feel free to share to someone that continues to have the same New Year goals.
I’m off to dust my trainers with a home workout and if you would like my recent freebie on how to get into your LBD for Xmas click below
See you soon,
It is that time of year again; the temperature has dropped, the kids are back in school and everyone is passing on their germs which means ‘It’s Flu Season’
I don’t believe it can be 100% avoided but you can certainly reduce the risks of infection by following these simple steps.
Increase your leafy greens and in turn boost your immune system; stir-fry some broccoli with a little soy sauce and ginger for a fabulous flu-fighting side dish
Take your vitamins; both vitamins C and D need a boost in winter to protect your immune system
Sleep; it’s amazing that such a simple action and one that most people enjoy can affect your immune system. Many people need a good 7 hours of sleep every night and having an hour without the TV before bed can help you drop off more easily.
Wash your hands; more and more people are contacting the common cold by touching contaminated surfaces, therefore wash your hands thoroughly throughout the day and if needs be invest in a hand sanitizer.
Get spicy; certain spices have been found to be beneficial bug fighters, including cayenne pepper, which contains an active ingredient called capsaicin that beats congestion by thinning the mucus in your nasal passages so you can breathe more easily. Garlic, which contains a chemical called allicin, can zap the cold viruses that lead to infection, therefore try adding these spices to soups and stews for a healthier winter warmer.
I hope you have found some value with this blog, if so, please share and do let me know if you try any of these tips or message me if you have one of your own; I love connecting personally with new like minded people. If you would like to know what supplements I use with my family to boost our immune systems then please connect with me via (linktr.ee/shaz_crowley) or alternatively let’s get connected via my new bot
Until next week my friend, stay germ free
Who wouldn’t like all day, every day energy eh, it may seem impossible but it isn’t?
Simple small changes to your lifestyle and your diet can start the process off and be supplemented by specific vitamins until you no longer need them. Some people know and understand this but still don’t make those changes. Let’s start together today.
Recently I have been of the mindset, you only live once, let’s have some fun and that’s great but as you get older, it gets harder to lose weight, harder to look fresh, harder to have energy throughout the day and I would rather feel healthy and energetic for many years to come than have a fun filled life for only a few years. What are your thoughts?
Here are my top 5 tips on making those small changes today,
1. Eat better, stop with the processed food and start to cook from scratch. Cook in bulk if you are busy in the week.
2. Plan in some exercise; by planning it in your diary you are committing to it. It doesn’t have to be strenuous; a walk, a cycle ride, swimming all easy to access in the summer months.
3. Mindset; energy is positive so to make the most of it you need to be in the right mindset and have the right positive attitude and I can assure you it will make a huge difference.
4. Sleep; lack of sleep is a huge factor when it comes to energy and mood so stick to the same sleep patterns throughout your week and weekend.
5. Vitamins; vitamins these days no longer need to be a multivitamin as companies are producing them for specific people for specific issues. Make sure you are taking ones that will help you.
I hope you have found some value in this and over the next few weeks I will be going into each tip in more detail as this is simply an overview. I am on this journey with you, so please click follow and connect with me via linktr.ee/shaz_crowley
If I can help in anyway especially about the specific vitamins then reach out and I will see you again soon.
Have you ever wondered why your ‘diet’ just isn’t working for you? You may even not say you are on a ‘diet’ and call it a healthy eating plan as these days the term ‘diet’ sounds so negative.
Here are my top 4 reasons why I believe your diet just isn’t working for you at the moment.
- You are eating food that you don’t like; there is a reason you stopped eating Kale and Spinach when you were twenty, it is because you don’t like it. If you do not buy avocado’s regularly, just because they are now classed as ‘free’ does not mean you will like them any more. Stop eating food you don’t like.
- You are not eating with the family; this was an all too familiar theme on my many quests to find the perfect diet. I rarely ate with my family. I tried to avoid tea times if I was fasting or alternatively I was cooking separate foods which resulted in an increase in shopping costs. Meal times should be family time where you can sit and chat together and enjoy the same foods. Therefore start cooking what you will all eat.
- You are craving the foods you have been told you are not allowed to eat. Your diet starts and straight away you know you have ‘this’ or you can’t have ‘that’ and what is the first thing that you start to crave, ‘the forbidden list’. Yes, to lose weight you do need to reduce the calories and to get healthier you do need to change your habits but complete withdrawals will generally only lead to binges and lost willpower. Tread carefully and either choose healthier versions of the treats you want or have a little of what you fancy but no more.
- You have not got the right mindset. If you are constantly thinking negative thoughts such as the shopping bill has increased, I can’t believe I can’t eat any more chocolate, weekends are going to be so boring then this will have a huge impact on how far you get on your journey. Turn this around to thinking more positive thoughts such as how much more energy you will have, think how much your confidence will grow as each day you become more successful.
I hope you have found some value in this and it has shed some light on why your diet just may not be working for you at this moment. If you are working to get healthier this year, do reach out as I would love to connect with you.
See you next week
(written from the heart)
Do you struggle to stay motivated on your healthy journey, are you already bored of what you are eating, you simply want a pizza on a Saturday Night? We are now only into the second month of the year so if you are already struggling with motivation let me share some tips with you on how to stay focused.
Changing habits for the better are never easy and research now confirms that it can actually take up to three months for a habit to become an every day occurrence without giving it any thought. With that in mind we need to keep on doing what we are doing if we are to get healthy so here are my top 5 tips on staying motivated.
- Have an event/holiday planned – the reason for this is it will give you a specific time frame of when you need to achieve your goal.
- Switch things around – if you are getting bored of what you eat; try a new recipe, a new food. If exercise isn’t your thing, try something that is fun; pole dancing, Glo Aerobics.
- You need to see results fast – if you are seeing fast results, then you will stick with it. How do you get these quick results, simply increase the exercise and reduce the quantity of food you are eating. No snacks and No alcohol for a week will give you fast results.
- Write it down – having a journal on this journey is a lifesaver. When you are not feeling great about yourself, be honest and write it down and then refer to it when you consider opening the biscuits. It will help you understand why you are getting healthy, you don’t want to feel miserable. On the other hand when you are having a great day, fitting into new clothes, getting compliments, write that down also and you can refer back to it if you start to lose momentum.
- Get a buddy to do it with you – having an accountability buddy can help spur you on whether this is your partner or a friend. You can share tips, recipes, success stories and give each other a kick up the bum when you need it.
I hope you have found these five tips on staying motivated useful, I would love to hear back from you and if you would like my free Cheat Sheet on how to increase more exercise into your daily routine, comment below or reach out to me on FaceBook @shazsbeautysecrets.
As always feel free to share and I’ll see you next week