Hey, and do you like the title? How to create more hours in the day, it’s something I’ve said to myself often and hear many a friends say it too these days. Now the realist in me knows this is impossible given that everyone only gets 24 hours in a day HOWEVER you can start to use your time more efficiently.
I did go live with this subject on my profile today but due to the bad weather, the sound wasn’t so great therefore I decided to write this blog.
Here are my top tips to help you maximise more time with your day.
- Plan your day and write down all your priorities that needs to get done and slot in the times of when you are going to complete it, ensuring they get done.
- Avoid distractions; yes that means getting lost in a book, watching too much TV or simply scrolling through Facebook (this is considered time wasting)
- Delegate; can you delegate chores to any other members of the family thus saving you some time.
- Get your big stuff done first, this simply means the items you’re not looking forward too or the ones that will take the longest time to complete
- Don’t try to book in too much in one day, which is something I myself am currently working on. Booking tasks in your diary 9-10, 10-11 etc is only going to cause a backlog and lots of stress.
- Can you multi task? This simply means completing a task whilst doing something else for instance watching TV, for me, I personally like to listen to an audio book whilst ironing/cleaning. I have just finished Gary Vee’s “Crushing It” and if you are looking to improve your following on social media I would strongly recommend it.
- Always, always, on a daily basis make time for yourself. Most mornings I wake up earlier than my kids so I can have my coffee in peace, plan my day and get my head together.
I hope at least one of these tips might help you with your time, I would love to hear from you if you have any tips that work too. Feel free to share and if you start to do just one of these and feel better for it, do reach out and let me know; I always love to personally say Hi and chat or conenct with me @linktr.ee/shaz_crowley
Have a great week and go create more time,